NostalGeek

Don’t Hate the Game, Hate the Player

Thursday October 16, 2008

Obama Speaks to Gamers

With the elections less than three weeks away (thank God!) Barack Obama is branching out and putting ads in no more than EA 18 games!
Gamers first spotted the ads in Burnout Paradise but it has since been confirmed that they also bought media space in Madden 09, NBA, NHL, NASCAR, Skate and more.
EA has stated that they do not endorse either candidates and that its ad firm, Massive, even contacted the McCain campaign which passed on the deal.

Toshinden Is Back!

One the PSX first title and one of the first 3D fighting game, Battle Arena Toshinden slipped quietly into oblivion and has not been heard since… until this week.
Famitsu announced in their latest issue that the game will come back on the Wii. Not many details have been released aside from the magazine scans but the chara design looks very different.
We’ll wait eagerly for more info.

BioShock 2 Name and Teaser

Last year’s most immersive FPS was a huge succes and it was no stretch of the imagination to think that 2K Games was working on a sequel. Well players who bought the PS3 version of the game and finished it unlocked a nice little extra, namely the first teaser for BioShock 2: Sea of Dreams.
There is debate on the web as to whether the game is a prequel or a sequel but I’m sure the developers will give us an answer soon enough.

GTA San Andreas and Portal Hitting XBL!

Someone is going to make major $$ next week. GTA San Andreas will be downloadable as an Xbox Original on October 20. Meanwhile Portal will be available on October 22 ans will feature 14 new levels and 6 new maps.
Both games will be priced at 1,200 Microsoft Points ($15). Time to go buy a new card.

October 17, 2008 Posted by | 360 News, Industry News, PC News, PS3 News, Video Game News, Wii News | , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , | Leave a comment

Wednesday July 23, 2008

Guitar Gods for Guitar Hero III

Activision announced yesterday that it would release pack including 3 tracks on July 24. This pack is rightly named since the artists featured in it are Steve Vai, Joe Satriani and Buckethead with the songs being “For the Love of God”, “Surfing With the Alien” and “Soothsayer” respectively.

NY Governor Signs a Bill Into Law for Game Ratings

The bill that David Paterson signed states that by 2010 consoles should have a parental lock system installed (currently the only one that does not is the DS) and that games sold at retail (mail orders are exempt) should display an ESRB rating on the packaging……which is already the case.
Our tax dollars are hard at work.

Media and Business Summit Will Not Back Down!

Despite the fact that a lot of developers, media and publishers (basically everyone) feel the current form of E3 is lacking, not to mention the public who is unable to attend, the Entertainment Software Association said they were going to carry on with the current version.
With Leipzig gaining ground each year and developers leaving E3 to form their own events, one has to wonder about the decision and its relevance.

Xbox Live Community Games Coming This Fall

Games developed with the XNA toolset, the games created by the community will first have to be reviewed before going on the Marketplace, players will also be able to download demos of each game before purchasing them. the games will range between 200 and 800 points ($2.50 to $10).
Microsoft will take 30% of each sale leaving the programmer with up to 70%.

Portal: Still Alive….But Going Nowhere

During the Microsoft press conference a “new” Portal game was announced which excited fans quite a bit. By now I assume these fans are pretty bummed. It has been revealed that Still Alive will feature the levels in Orange Box as well as the ones in the PC Flash Version MapPack.
Quite underwhelming you have to admit.

July 23, 2008 Posted by | 360 News, Industry News, PC News, Tech News, Video Game News | , , , , , , , , , , , , , | Leave a comment