Minor DLC for Dead Space
One of the best games of the moment is EA‘s Dead Space and the developers know this since they already have a tie-in 6-issue comic book and an anime movie (Dead Space: Downfall) which is a prequel to the game. Right after game launch and upon seeing the great reception from critics and fans alike, EA wasted no time in announcing a sequel.
In the meantime they have just announced some downloadable content for the immersive FPS which consists mostly of new skins and weapons. The PS3 and 360 will have some exclusive content of their own.
Both consoles will have:
- The Big Gun Pack, which includes the Steam Punk Force Gun for 80 MS points ($1.00)
- The Hot Rock Pack, which adds new visual effects for the flamethrower and pulse rifle which will cost 80 MS points ($1.00)
The 360 (out November 13) will get:
- The Pedestrian Pack, which includes new skins for the contact beam, plasma cutter, and ripper for 120 MS points ($1.50)
- The Scorpion and Speed Killer Packs which will make the plasma cutter, line gun, and force gun shoot faster for 180 MS points ($2.25)
- The Astronaut Pack, which includes an astronaut suit and weapon skins for 240 MS points ($3.00)
- The Heavy Damage Pack, which gives new looks and enhanced power for various weapons for 240 MS points ($3.00)
- Military Pack, Scorpion Pack, and Tank Pack (which offers better damage and new skins for suit and weapons) for 320 Ms points ($4.00)
- A set similar to the Obsidian Packs for PS3 but in 360 colors for similar prices (120 and 240 Ms points)
Meanwhile the PS3 (out November 20) gets:
- The Obsidian Weapon Skin Pack, which makes the game’s weapons black (woot!) for for $1.50
- The Obsidian Pack similar to the Weapon Skin Pack but also for the suit for $3.00
Now don’t feel bad, if you feel like this is a retarded, studid and shameful rip-off, you are not alone.