TGS 2008 Highlights
OK well I have to admit I was a bit underwhelmed this year.
It wasn’t abysmal by any means but nothing really thrilled me. We got some nice and lengthy trailers but not many games stood out on there own…And frankly I love RPGs but I can only take so many new DS titles. And it begs the question as to why there are billions of new RPGs for the handheld but barely any on the Wii.
Either way I am going to post the trailers I liked most throughout the show. Enjoy!
- Street Fighter IV – In my mind THE trailer of the show. Simply amazing and I need to grab this remix of Ryu’s theme!!
- Resident Evil 5 – With already seen a lot from the game at E3 and GC but just seeing Albert Wesker makes it all worthwhile.
- Muramasa: The Demon Blade – One of the great surprises of TGS. The game comes from the developers of Odin Sphere and bares a similar gameplay. Plus it simply looks gorgeous.
- Bayonetta – Devil May Cry meets Otaku fan service….and why not! Warning though: this trailer was made by guys, for guys.
- Halo 3: Recon – You know Bungie can put out a great trailer and this is another one.
- Otomedius Gorgeous – Ok this may look like another fan service game (this is TGS after all) but this actually looks like a very decent Shoot’em Up.
- Nikuni: The Another World – Aside from the translation straight from 1986 this game combines Level 5 and what seems to be Studio Ghibli so one has to pay attention!
- Gensou Suikoden Tierkreis – Finally a trailer for the new Suikoden! The game looks a bit different but still awesome.
- Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia – Same basic formula, still as enjoyable.
- Tales of Hearts – If there is one thing the Tales of have mastered it’s kick ass trailers! and this is… a kick ass trailer. By the way if you wanted the crap CG version, well… too bad.
So ther you have it, what my brains has retained from this year’s TGS.