- BioShock 2 is announced for PS3, 360 and PC on November 3 (October 30 in Europe)
- Assassin’s Creed II announced for Q3 2009
- Splinter Cell: Conviction announced for Q3 2009
- I Am Alive announced for Q4 2009
- Mafia II is delayed to the first half of 2010
- Red Dead Redemption is delayed to the fist half of 2010
- Beyond Good & Evil 2 is…not even announced!!
Namco Tries to Reassure About Hellgate: London
In the past weeks Flagship Studios has had its share of issues. Even though several employees have been laid off, the studio hasn’t called it quits just yet. While the beta servers for Mythos have been closed,and Hellgate: London is not accepting new subscriptions (all current subscribers play for free), Namco Bandai tried to be reassuring saying that servers were up and that if anything were to happen players would be warned in advance.
Warning which seems to be imminent.
Crytek Buys Black Sea Studios
The German studio announced today that it acquired Black Sea Studios officially becoming Crytek Black Sea. The terms were not disclosed but the Bulgarian studio based in Sofia is currently working on the promising Worldshift and we’ll keep doing so as planned.
DC to Do Mirror’s Edge Comic
Electronic Arts signed today with DC Comics in order to produce a six-issue comic that will focus on Faith, the protagonist of the eagerly awaited game. The project will feature Rhianna Pratchett (Heavenly Sword, Overlord) as the writer and Matthew Dow Smith (Supernatural: Origins) as the artist.
The first issue is to be revealed at Comic-Con.
Sam Fisher the Slug
Ubisoft announced today that Splinter Cell: Conviction, the oft-delayed game, was….well, delayed again. It is now set o come out during fiscal year 2009-2010 which runs from April to March.